Dr.Baboo's Food Science and Biotechnology Pvt Ltd
The Company Dr. Baboo´s Food Science and Biotechnology Pvt Ltdwas registered on 5th Oct 2011
Dr. Baboo M. Nair and Dr. J.B. Prajapati are the present owners/partners/directors.
is to produce revenue to the stake holders by applying modern methods, principles and ideas of management as well as a sustainable strategy of development giving special attention to social responsibility, environment friendliness, gender equality and fair trade.
is to develop Dr. Baboo´s Food Science and Biotechnology Pvt Ltd mainly as a scientist owned and research driven company with business activities under .
Domain 1 :- Production of IPR through Research :-
Through high quality research, the company will produce IPR-Intellectual Property Rights in the field common to Food, Health and wellbeing.
Domain 2 :- Manufacturing & Marketing :-
The company will manufacture novel, value-added, premium food products to be marketed to the consumers of the urban areas of India and of the global market.
Domain 3 :- Competancy development :-
The company will offer training, education, consultation, extension and analytical services for competency development at different levels.
Domain 4 :- Trading :-
The company will look for products in India and other parts of the world which can be Branded under “Dr. Baboo´s” trade mark for sale in Sweden and other Scandinavian countries.
Building Joint Ventures with established companies in India and abroad .
Forming Alliance and Networks with institutions of good reputation in India and abroad.
Co-producing , Co-packing as well as Co-marketing keeping the cost as low as possible.
Our Odds - The nature of the market
Population grows and is being urbanised, living conditions and disposable income is increasing.
Health care problems and health care cost are increasing and so is the interest in prevention.
Climate change is clear and environment friendly process and products are increasing in demand.
Orgnic foods, ethnic foods, health foods, functional foods are in demand. The consumers are willing to pay a higher price for health promoting food products produced by environment friendly means under controlled conditions of production processing and marketing.
“The present value of marketed functional foods in USD is about some 2.5 billion in Europe, 3.6 billion in USA and 4.1 billion in Japan with an overall estimated increase of around 7% per year.”
“The global probiotics market is expected to be worth US $ 31.1 bn with Europe and Asia accounting for nearly 42 % and 30% of the total revenues respectively. Europe forms the largest market for probiotics with an estimated value of $13.5 billion”.
“A Frost and Sullivan study shows that the probiotic ingredient market in the US as $450 million. Probiotics, with a market of $3.23 billion is a large part of Japanese functional foods. The Japanese spent $126 per person per year on functional foods and it is higher than other countries including US ($67.9), Europe ($51.2) and Asia ($3.20)”.
Our team – is an awesome group of experts of all ages
1) Dr. Baboo M. Nair, Professor emeritus, Department of Applied nutrition, Lund University, Sweden.
2) Dr. Jashbhai B. Prajapati, Professor and Head, Department of Dairy Microbiology, Anand Agricultural University, Anand, Gujarat INDIA.
3) Dr. Rickard Öste, CEO Aventure ab; Lund, Sweden, Professor, Department of Applied nutrition and Food Chemistry, Lund University, Lund, Sweden.
4) Dr. Jörgen Holm, CEO, Glucanova ab, Lund, Sweden
5) Dr. Jigar Trivedi, Manager Business development , Hildur Fucntional Foods Pvt Ltd, Trivandrum, India
6) Dileep and Co, Chartered Accountants, Thycaud, Trivandrum, Kerala state, India
Our achievements so far
1) Joint venture with Aventure Ab, Lund – Hildur Lassi.
2) Collaboration with Glucanova Ab, Lund – Oat based products.
3) Collaboration with SASNET Fermented Foods – Probiotics.
4) MoU with Anand Agricultural University on L helveticus.
5) MoU with Saurashtra University, Rajkot on L Rhamnosus.
6) Research with Kerala University – Enzymes of Carnivorous plants
Oats Based Products
1) Hildur Lassi.
2) UHT Oat Milk.
2) UHT Oat Fruits.
4) Rolled oats.